Monday, October 28, 2013

9th Email: 9th Week in Salem

This has been a pretty good week! It has had its ups and downs, but what week doesn't? There are a lot of good things going on here in Salem.
 
On Tuesday, we taught V--, who we've been teaching for a few weeks. She's the one who lives with her daughter (who is a member), and her grandson gave her a Book of Mormon in January. She's been progressing really well! We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and we invited her to be baptized. She said, "Well I was already baptized when I was younger..." My first thought was oh no, she doesn't think she needs to be baptized... this could get tricky... But then she said, "Can I be baptized again?" It was so cute! We told her of course, yes, and we testified that it's what God wants her to do and that it will be done by God's authority and all that jazz. So yeah, she's on date for the end of November, and guess what else? She came to church yesterday!! Bah! We actually had 3 investigators at church yesterday, which was so exciting because we haven't had any for several weeks. R-- still hasn't come, but we'll be working on him this week.
 
On Friday, we were getting a little discouraged because we didn't have a lot of referrals to work with, we hadn't found any new investigators for the week (our goal was to find three), and we felt like we were just hitting a wall. But we prayed, went out with faith, and then found a new investigator on Friday and two more on Saturday! It was awesome. I know God hears our prayers and is more interested in our work and our success than anyone else. And it makes sense that He is! These are His children we're dealing with, and He wants them to be happy and to come unto Him.
 
I know missionary work is hard and trying, but I just want everyone to know that it's fun too! There's always room for fun. Always. Sister Tuckett, Habibpour, and I have fun every day and I love it. And it's the simple things that make it fun. So have fun!
 
Anyway, I don't have that much to say this week, but it's been good! I can't believe October's almost over. Halloween's on Thursday? Wha?? Didn't October just start a few days ago?? Man, time's a flyin'! Happy Halloween everyone! You better all have the wildest costumes. As for me, I'm trying to decide what I should dress up as. What do you think about me dressing up as a missionary? Would that be too mainstream?
 
Love, Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment