Tuesday, December 31, 2013

18th Email: 18th Week in Salem

I love Salem so much. This week is transfers, and we know two of us are being transferred, but we won't know who exactly until Tuesday night. So we're all kind of freaking out! I know the Lord sends his missionaries wherever he needs them, and all I can say is I hope he still needs me in Salem! As of yesterday, I have been in Salem for exactly 4 months, and I have really come to LOVE the people here. I love the ward, I love our investigators, I love my companions...I just love everyone! I have loved watching people change for the better and progress in the gospel, and that's why I would love to stay in Salem. I want to keep being a part of their lives! I want to see R-- overcome his depression and anxiety with the help of the Lord and come to church. I want to see D-- read the Book of Mormon, rekindle his testimony, and realize that he can repent, and he can change. I want to see S-- find peace and comfort in the Book of Mormon as she is coping with the death of her husband. I want to see J-- come to realize that the Book of Mormon and the gospel can help her follow Jesus Christ more fully. I want to see V-- be baptized by her grandson and get to be sealed to her family in the temple! But I know that no matter where I am, that's where the Lord wants me to be, and I will come to love everyone I serve. It'll be hard to leave though, because the people here are seriously like family to me. It's crazy how you can come to love someone in such a short amount of time.
 
Anyways, this last week was great. I love Christmas! Don't worry, we had a wonderful Christmas and we were very well taken care of. We had 4 feasts throughout the week because the members are so sweet and so many wanted to feed us! It was so great to talk to my family on Christmas. I love you people so much! I am grateful for technology and whoever invented skype. Such a wonderful blessing!
 
Oh, so Saturday night was pretty exciting. It was 10:29, I was about to climb into bed, and there arose such a clatter. I went to where my companions were to see what was the matter. Turns out, the toilet was clogged, and while Sister Habibpour was trying to unclog it, it decided to overflow! Yup! Suddenly there was toilet water everywhere. We cleaned up the water with some towels...and then went to bed! Hopefully no one was too confused when they saw three Mormon missionaries at Walmart at 6:30 on a Sunday morning. We needed to use the restroom somewhere, and obviously, we can't handle our own indoor plumbing. Missions are full of fun adventures... :)
 
Well, I love you all, and I hope you have a great week. And a great new year! Sheesh...where in the world did 2013 go?
 
Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment