Wednesday, January 14, 2015

68th Email: Fruit Flies

So you know how it usually takes some time for time to pass? For some reason missions think they don't have to follow that rule. Time just flies like fruit all over the place! I feel like I just got to Lexington a couple weeks ago, but all of a sudden the transfer (6 weeks) is over! Didn't we just have Christmas? And now we're halfway through January?? Oh, and to make matters worse, today is my 17 month mark. I have 6 weeks left in my mission. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?? I think we should all just go back to elementary school where a 15 minute recess seems like an hour and a 3 month summer vacation seems like a year. Deal?

Anyways, despite my dismay, it IS transfer week, and Sister Tobler is leaving, unfortunately. My new companion will be Sister Scarff, a real, live Canadian from Canadia! I've served around Sister Scarff a lot and gone on exchanges with her a couple of times, so I know her pretty well. She's great! She's left-handed like me, so we won't have to worry about bumping elbows at the dinner table. We'll definitely get along! I'm sad Sister Tobler is leaving, but I'm excited to serve with Sister Scarff. The usual transfer emotions... I told Sister Tobler we better be friends after our missions. Shouldn't be too hard considering we were friends before.

Bunches of wonderful things happened this week, and I wish I could tell you everything! Miracles literally happen every single day. Today's miracle is that it finally snowed in Lexington!!!! :D Such a beautiful sight. 

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Maddox, who was in my MTC District. I love her so much! She is a sweet heart. We had a really good day. Cold, but good. So...I've been a Sister Training Leader for a while, but sometimes (most of the time, actually) I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I basically feel like a lost puppy at the front of a dog sled in the middle of a snow storm. I've come to realize though, that Heavenly Father knows me perfectly, and he just wants me to keep running, trusting that he won't let me go the wrong way and fall off a cliff or something. Before the exchange, I had no idea what Sister Maddox needed, but I just did my best to lead and help her however I could. We had some really good conversations about how to be better missionaries, and we worked hard right up to the last minute of the day, which resulted in miracles. 

I know that Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be perfect, and he will work with whatever efforts we give him, as long as it's our best. When the brother of Jared asked the Lord how they would have light in the barges as they traveled across the ocean, the Lord basically told him to figure it out. So, the brother of Jared selected 16 stones, brought them to the Lord, and asked the Lord to touch the stones with his fingers to give them light. Did the Lord say, "Now, that wasn't really the best idea..," or "You know, it would probably work better if the stones were a little bigger.."? Of course he didn't. The brother of Jared did his best, and Heavenly Father worked with it. And as long as we are doing our best, Heavenly Father can work with us.

Love ya, 
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment