Wednesday, February 4, 2015

70th Email: Hug, BOOM!...Waterworks



Sister Scarff is really good at making people cry. 


Yesterday after church we came home for a quick bathroom break before heading out to Glasgow, and I was feeling stressed about a lot of things. Just random, normal missionary stuff. I don't know why, but it had just kind of been an off day. I started to tell Sister Scarff how I was feeling, and my emotions got a bit too close to the surface and I could feel tears in the corners of my eyes. (Side note: I don't really cry. Like, almost never.) Sister Scarff, being the awesome companion she is, reached out and gave me a hug, and right as she hugged me, BOOM! Tears started flowing like the Nile! And the worst part is I don't even know why I was crying! (Don't worry, Mom, I'm completely fine. I'm pretty sure crying is just something that's required by every full time missionary. It's probably in the white handbook or something) So anyways, once all that was over, I felt a lot better. I guess sometimes when life stresses you out, you just gotta let the stress flow out your eyeballs.


Fast forward 30 minutes, we're in Glasgow. We go to visit an investigator who wasn't able to come to church, and it turns out she has been feeling super stressed too, except, the things stressing her out are way more serious than the things stressing me out. She starts talking to us about everything that's going on, gets a little emotional, Sister Scarff hugs her, and then BOOM! Instant replay, tears everywhere. 


Anyways...sorry for the doom and gloom. On a brighter note, we had an awesome week! We went on two exchanges to Buena Vista and Forest, Virginia, which was great fun. Sister Packard (serving in Forest) just got her tonsils out and has to rest for two weeks before getting back to work, so instead of doing a normal exchange, we just all had a party in Forest. Sister Scarff stayed inside with Sister Packard so Sister Maddox and I could go out and work in their area, since they haven't been able to do much lately. Then we all slept at their apartment, so it was like a great big sleepover! We stayed up late...watched movies...had a pillow fight...... Okay we didn't do any of those things, just normal missionary stuff, but it was still fun!


This next week is going to be a busy week! MLC (Mission Leadership Council) is tomorrow in Charleston, WV, then we have a zone meeting in Buena Vista on Thursday, a zone meeting in Lynchburg on Friday, and a bunch of great appointments in between! Should be good. :)


Love ya! Have a great week!


Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment