Monday, April 7, 2014

31st Email: 14th Week in Morgantown

What a wonderful week! We weren't able to teach much, but we met a lot of great people and were able to set up a bunch of appointments for the coming week. We saw miracle after miracle, and I can gladly say that this last week completely exhausted me! I am so tired!! But I'm so happy. I love being a missionary. We had a great MLC (Mission Leadership Council) on Tuesday, and Lily's baptism on Friday was perfect. She is so full of light and excited to be doing what the Lord wants her to do. I have loved watching Lily gradually come to accept and love the gospel.

General Conference is wonderful. How blessed are we to hear from the Lord's servants (or in other words, hear from the Lord) every 6 months! I love it. God is constantly reaching out to us! So on Friday we met a guy on the street who bought a Book of Mormon at Good Will just because he felt like it! We talked about the Book of Mormon a little bit, and then we told him about how we have a modern prophet. He thought that was pretty cool, and so we were like, "hey, conveniently...our prophet is speaking to us tomorrow, and it's going to be broadcast to the whole world! Wanna come??" And he totally did! He came to the Sunday morning session, and afterwards he said it was pretty interesting, had a couple of questions, and we set up a time to meet with him on Tuesday! Pretty cool. Pretty cool.

Well, I don't have much else to say, except that I just feel really excited right now. Sister Christensen and I both feel like we are just on the brink of a bunch of success. The work has been a little slow for quite a while, but I know that if we are diligent the Lord will bless us (Alma 26:27). I love the gospel, and I love being a missionary.

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment