Monday, June 23, 2014

41st Email: 6th Week in Milton

Welp, it's transfer week again! Time keeps flying by. Sister Wines is getting transferred to South Hills, which is in the Charleston, WV area, which is where she was trained! And she's going to be companions with a sister that she trained! She's pretty excited. I'm staying here and Sister Boldrin is going to be my companion. She's great! I've met her a few times and I like her a lot. She's full of energy and enthusiasm, and I'm excited to serve with her. We've got a lot of potential here in Milton, and some investigators who are doing pretty well. I've learned a ton this last transfer. I've learned a lot about compassion, humility, patience, and change. It's been a really good learning experience, and I'm grateful for it.

So I've been learning some new words and phrases here in West Virginia: Knoll (a little hill), Just as wells ta (might as well), Youins (You all), and Do-what? (What did you say?) are just a few. I love it! It's so beautiful out here. Yesterday we were driving home at the end of the day, and it was right when the lightning bugs were starting to come out. We were going down this curvy road that had all sorts of plants along the edge and a creek running alongside the road, and the lightning bugs were flying around the plants, so it was kind of like the road was lined with magic pixie dust or something. It was really pretty. And there are these pretty orange lilies that grow everywhere! I want to email some pictures, but the computers at the library here won't let me. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

We had dinner at a member's house yesterday, and it was really fun. They're an awesome family, and they have the cutest kids. Daniel, who just turned 4, called us the "sisternaries," and it was adorable. They have taught their kids from a very young age to love Heavenly Father and Jesus, and I loved the spirit I felt in their gospel centered home.

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment