Monday, July 14, 2014

45th Email: 10th Week in Milton

So Sister Boldrin is always writing cute little nice notes all over the place because she is super thoughtful and witty. Today is my 11th click day, which means I have been out for 11 months (Ahhh!!!), and Sister Boldrin told me that every month is like 5 years in mission years, so that means I'm 55 years old. This morning when she was done using the bathroom she drew a little picture in the shower with dry-erase markers of a stick figure in a dress (me) skiing down a slope that had a tombstone at the bottom. She wrote, "Happy 55th birthday! You're on the downward slope, so just enjoy the wind in your hair!" Pretty much made my day.

We had a pretty good week! We went to Paintsville and Pikeville Kentucky to exchange with the sisters out there. Since they are so far away, we just stay out there and work in their area for the day. It was great fun! There are so many great missionaries out here. I got to spend the day with a sister who goes home in a couple of weeks, and it was great. She had a lot of wisdom, and I loved seeing how she teaches. She feels peaceful and confident that she has given the Lord her whole heart for the last 18 months. I hope I can feel that same way when it's time for me to go home! If I ever go home... Sister Boldrin and I decided that if we don't show up for our last transfer meeting then we won't have to go home. I mean, they can't really force us to go, right? We thought maybe we would just find some tiny little West Virginia town and go be undercover missionaries for a while.

We found out where Debbie is living now, and arranged for the Elders out there to go see her. Debbie is the one we found (well, she found us, really) who has gone through so many hard things in her life and is pretty much homeless. She is doing better, and is still really interested in learning more and she wants to come to church and get baptized and everything! I'm so excited for her. I can really feel God's love for her, and I just want her to be happy! She is a beautiful daughter of God, and I know He has a plan for her.

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment