Monday, August 4, 2014

46th Email:

Transfer week!!! Heavenly Father is so great and is letting Sister Boldrin and I stay together for another transfer! Ready or not, Milton, here we come!! I'm really excited. We've got a lot going on here, and we have a lot of goals and plans to improve ourselves and the missionary work in this area.

So on P-day we went to the park to play soccer with some of the elders. It was so fun and so hot. After about an hour and a half, we were all exhausted. I got a swig of hydration, and then I looked down at the grass. It looked so comfy and was practically calling my name, so I consented and lied down to rest. I straightened out my right leg to rest it on the ground and BAM!! A big old bee stung me right behind the knee. Needless to say, I didn't stay on the ground very long.

Every Wednesday we volunteer at an Assisted Living facility, and we call Bingo for the residents. It. Is. So. Fun. The people are so great and funny and competitive...we always have a blast. Anyway, there is this young, newly wed couple that comes in all the time because her grandmother lives there, and they live close by, so they just like to come and visit the residents. I love it! That's a tradition I want to have in the future. Every time we go call Bingo, I just wish we could stay there all day and talk to each of the residents and hear about their lives. Most of them are so lonely, and they just need some love! I don't care how old you are. Lennon said it best--all you need is love.

A week or two ago, Sister Boldrin and I met this woman who was at the park with her three granddaughters. We told her what FHE is and asked if we could come do a little lesson and activity for the girls. She said we could! It was so perfect. We brought Sister Carico with us, and while we talked to the girls about prayer and painted prayer rocks, Sister Carico talked to the grandmother about all sorts of things, particularly misconceptions about the church she had heard. Now she wants us to come back and keep teaching! The gospel is true, and once the mystical barrier that has been built up by the cunning craft of the devil has been taken down, then people can see clearly that it just makes sense! I'm grateful for the opportunity to represent Jesus Christ and to clear up some of the confusion.

Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives, but just like Sister Vest down in Salem, VA always says, "the devil's in the details," too. So much good is happening here, and Satan knows it! Right now we have a lot of great investigators who are sincerely seeking for truth and direction, and six of them are working towards a date to be baptized. Our focus this last week was getting them to church. Church is where revelation is received, questions are answered, and the spirit is felt. Most of our investigators were planning on coming to church this last Sunday, and there should have been at least 6 or 7 there. Satan knows how important church is, and so he'll do whatever he can to prevent people from going. We had everything worked out with rides and such to get our investigators to church, and then on Saturday, one by one, we found out that no one was going to be able to make it. Sister Boldrin and I talked about it a lot, and we realized that all we can do is focus on the future. We don't always understand why things work out the way they do, but if we trust God and act in faith, good will come. We can say, like Ammon in Alma 26, "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the [Miltonites], and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." The future is as bright as your faith! I know Heavenly Father loves us and that going to church is so important! If it weren't important, why would it be so hard to get there?

3 Nephi 5:13 is one of my recent favorite verses of scripture. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his work among his people, that they might have everlasting life." That's my purpose. That's why I am here. Sometimes it's hard, but "I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory (2 Timothy 2:10)."

Love,
Sister Myers


No comments:

Post a Comment