Tuesday, August 5, 2014

47th Email: Keep Trying

Dear Everyone,

This week was pretty spectacular, filled with ups and downs and sideways and a whole bunch of craziness! Thus is life!

Probably my favorite moment of the week was the miracle that happened at the Maynard's farm. We go to the Maynard's every week to have dinner and then help Sister Maynard on the farm. The Maynards are recent converts to the church, and Brother Maynard was recently less active but has started coming back to church regularly. A couple of weeks ago we were sharing a lesson with them, and they shared with us that they don't really pray. Like ever. So that has been our focus the last couple of weeks is prayer. On Friday we had a lesson after dinner with Sister Maynard about prayer that was great, and then we went out to weed the garden. The weeds had gone crazy since last week and they were all over the place! So we pulled out the crankety old lawnmower  We all tried and tried to start it for about ten minutes, but the thing was being so stubborn...we were about to give up. I was trying it for the second time around, and the thought crossed my mind that we should say a prayer! So I suggested it to Sister Maynard, and she kind of laughed nervously and said that I could if I wanted to. We all stood together, and I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to let the lawnmower start so we could get as much work done as possible while we were there. We all said amen, and then I grabbed the lawnmower and pulled as hard as I could and.....nothing. Then I pulled it again.....nothing. I yelled out, kind of laughing, "I'm going to pull this thing until it starts!!" I pulled it for the third time.....and it started!!! The rumble of that engine was one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard. Sister Maynard gave an excited scream and grabbed the mower from me and started mowing with a smile on her face.

I know that Heavenly Father knows us and He hears our prayers!! Sister Maynard hasn't had a lot of experience with prayer in her life, but now she has this to look back on and build her faith from there. Heavenly Father is so cool! Ah. I love it.

Sorry it's pretty short today, but the library is super packed and there are people waiting for the computers. I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment