Saturday, October 25, 2014

56th Email: Transfers!

Heavenly Father is the best. He is so unconditionally patient and forgiving. It never ceases to amaze me! He is also a God of miracles. I know that this is His work and that His will WILL be done.

We had a really good week! We reconnected with some investigators we haven't been able to see in a while, and they are still doing great! That's always a nice feeling. As missionaries, I think we tend to get a little paranoid and think that if we haven't seen someone in a while they probably aren't interested anymore, or they hate us and are trying to avoid us or something. Silly us.

Church was awesome on Sunday. Brother Bott (Elder's Quorum President) gave a fantastic talk, the lessons in gospel principles and Relief Society were both on prayer and were spirit filled, and it was just a great day!

I was studying about humility on page 120 of Preach My Gospel, and it was really cool. I was thinking about how this chapter is called "Christlike Attributes," so obviously, these are attributes that Christ has. Everything in this chapter should apply to his character. So I started to read it and imagine Christ reading it to himself. Each sentence really does apply to him. "Humility is...to give the Lord the honor for what is accomplished...It includes gratitude for your blessings." My mind went to John 11, when Christ raises Lazarus from the dead. In verse 40 He testifies of the glory of God, and in verse 41 He thanks Heavenly Father that He heard Him. Then He explains that He said it out loud so the people would know that it was Heavenly Father that sent Him, and by His power that Lazarus came forth. Christ is truly our perfect example.

So tomorrow is transfers! (Hence the Wednesday email). Sister Whitaker is getting transferred to Logan. Logan, Utah, that is. Her new companion is a nice returned missionary. We don't know his name yet. And I'm staying in glorious Fairmont! Yay!!! My new companion is Sister Morgan. I. LOVE. HER. I served around her when I was in Milton, and she is so awesome! She's from Morgan, Utah, and now she'll be in the Morgantown zone. Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyways, I'm super excited.

You'ins have a blessed day.

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment