Monday, December 8, 2014

63rd Email: Just Around the Corner

So...basically I don't know how life could get any better! I'm a missionary in the most beautiful part of the country, my companion is one of my best buds from high school, and the people here in Lexington are incredible. Seriously, everywhere we drive I just stare out the window at the hills and farm land. It's gorgeous! And...Sister Tobler and I are pretty much having a blast together. We totally got to skip the "getting to know you" part of the transfer and just dive right into the work! What's cool about it though is now we get to know the spiritual side of each other. It's the best! We had a ward Christmas dinner on Saturday, which was great. The food was delicious and I got to meet a bunch of the members here. It's a pretty big ward, and the building is pretty new. It looks exactly like most of the churches in Utah so I get a little thrown off when I'm inside. So yeah. Basically I'm lovin' life.



On Saturday during the day we were out trying to contact a referral, but he wasn't home, and our back up plan was to tract near his house. So we knocked! And knocked, and knocked... most people weren't home, and the few who were...weren't the most friendly I've ever met. Oh, and by the way, it was raining. That's always fun. Something I've learned on my mission, however, is that whenever things seem rough, there's always something good around the corner! And there was! We knocked on one more door, and an older woman answered it. Without even asking us who we were she invited us in from the rain! How nice! We started to talk to her and her husband and explained what we do as missionaries, and we asked if we could sit down and share the message of the restoration with them. They said sure! So we sat and talked for about 30 or 40 minutes about prophets and apostasy, and how truth has been restored to the earth for our day! They listened very intently, and were open minded to the everything. They agreed to read the Book of Mormon, and they said that if they came to know it was true they would be baptized by someone with Priesthood authority. We're excited to go back this week and keep teaching them!


I can't believe I totally spaced out last week and didn't mention it, but has everyone checked out Mormon.org/Christmas and watched the "He is the Gift" video? It's basically the greatest thing ever! It has been a really great missionary tool, because even if someone isn't interested in hearing about the Church, everyone loves Christmas and is willing to watch a 3 minute video about the true meaning of Christmas. If you haven't watched it go watch it. If you have watched it, go watch it again. And share it on facebook!


Well, I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment