Thursday, September 11, 2014

51st Email: Fairmont, West Virginia Bound

Transfer week again?! Bah! Time is flying like there's no tomorrow. Literally! I think we've just skipped a few tomorrows here and there and that's why time is going by so fast. Anyways, the trend of spending three transfers in one area is going strong! Tomorrow I'll be leaving half of my heart in Milton and heading up to Fairmont, West Virginia! Transfers are always bittersweet. I love so many people hear and hate to leave them, but I'm excited to find more best friends in Fairmont! My new companion is Sister Whitaker, and I don't really know her, but I've heard she's awesome! Also, probably the main reason I'm so excited to go to Fairmont is to see how Chris is doing! Chris is the super awesome, crazy smart guy that got baptized in Morgantown right after I left, and he recently moved to Fairmont, which is just 20 minutes south of Morgantown. I'm super stoked!

I have loved serving with Sister Boldrin for the last three months. I have no idea how so many miracles and life-changing lessons have been packed into these two transfers. I could write a book (during all the spare time Sister Boldrin and I always talk about). I have learned so much. One thing I have learned is that repentance can be easy and forgiveness is immediate. The Savior wants to forgive, and once we put our minds to it, we can change, which causes the windows of heaven to open and the blessings to flow. I have learned about the love that God has for all of His children. It is unconditional and has to power to soften hearts.

The world is so full of people who are ready for the gospel! They're literally EVERYWHERE!! Just recently we felt like we needed to go through the ward list to get a better hold on exactly what members are in our area, and who all the inactive members are. We made a list and decided we would try to contact all of them. Last week we tried a man named Jess Aliff. We knew nothing about him, and as we pulled up to the house (which is hiding way up a holler), and I realized that I had already been there before. Sister Wines and I had tried a while back, but no one was home and we didn't persist. Sister Boldrin and I knocked on the door, and Brother Aliff and his two daughters (7 and 9 years old) came out. They were super nice and we connected with them right away. He invited us in, and we had a great discussion. Brother Aliff hasn't been to church since he was about 12 years old, and he doesn't really know much about it. We told them about family home evening, and he said he has lots of good memories of doing FHE! He remembers primary a bit too. Anyways, he told us he would love for us to come back and have a family home evening with his family. As we left he thanked us and told us he sincerely enjoyed the hour that we were there. So, we went back on Saturday and had an awesome FHE! We didn't bring up church because we didn't want to pressure him into anything, but he actually started bringing it up and said he wants to come to church with his family next week! He and his wife (who is not a member) have been talking about getting back into church for the last couple of years. I'm so excited for them! It's so crazy to think they have just been up the road the whole time I've been in Milton. Guess it's the Lord's timing! Anyways, that just built my faith that there really are people out in the world who are not only ready for it, but who WANT the gospel.

Go get your daily dose of the Book of Mormon. It's wonderful.

Love,
Sister Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment