Monday, September 15, 2014

52nd Email: Lovin' Fairmont

Well I'm in Fairmont, West Virginia, and basically I'm already in love with this place. My companion is awesome, the city's beautiful, and there are some incredible people here. It's a little surreal being in the Morgantown area again. We went to the institute building in Morgantown on Saturday for a meeting with the zone leaders and district leaders, and it was so weird being there! It was really great to be able to see some familiar faces. Oh, and yesterday was stake conference, and guess who was the first speaker? Tara!!! Sister Larkin and I taught her in Morgantown, and she was baptized in April. She told her conversion story and testified of the truthfulness of the gospel. It was beautiful. Sister Larkin just got transferred back into this stake too, so we both got to be there for Tara's talk. It was so great! I love Tara so much.

Fairmont is great! Just in the last few days we have had some awesome lessons and found some great people who are interested in learning about the gospel. I feel like a bunch a miracles are just waiting to happen. Oh, and I got to meet this sweet guy named Zach, who is 19 years old and is getting baptized this Saturday. He has a really cool story and just loves the gospel. He wants to serve a mission!

Not too much to report, except that missionary work is basically the best thing ever. If you're having a down day, go share the gospel with someone. It'll make you feel better. :)

Love,
Sister Myers

P.S. I just found out Sister Habibpour got her visa and is now in Brazil!!!
P.P.S. I also found out that the computers here WILL let me attach pictures, so hopefully next week's post will be a bit more colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment