Tuesday, January 7, 2014

19th Email: 1st Week in Morgantown, West Virginia

Whelp! Hello to the new year, a new transfer, a new companion, and a new area! On Thursday I was transfered to the one and only Morgantown, West Virginia. And I'm so excited! So my companion's name is Sister Larkin, and she is fantastic. She's been out a transfer longer than me, and she's just great! We're serving in the Morgantown University ward, so we'll just be teaching the students here. Oh, I've also been called to be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Larkin. An STL is pretty much like a Zone Leader, I guess, so I'll be doing things like going on exchanges with the sisters in our zone (which I did during my first transfer because Sister Tuckett was an STL), going to MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference), helping teach in zone meetings, and I don't really know what else! I'm glad Sister Larkin was an STL last transfer, so at least one of us knows what she's doing. But anyways, I'm super excited, and I love it here already.
 
We have a zone meeting tomorrow, and it should be awesome. We're going to talk about the army of Helaman, the sons of Mosiah, and this really sweet talk called "Be the Fourth Missionary." If you ever get the chance to read it, do it! It's super good for missionaries, but it can really apply to everyone in any stage of life. But yeah, it should be really good. I'm a little nervous to be an STL, because it's a lot of responsibility, and I just hope I can step up to the plate and be the leader I need to be. I was thinking about it the other day, and I feel pretty good, pretty comfortable about being a missionary, teaching about the gospel, helping investigators....but...I don't know how to help the other missionaries! I know how to teach about the restoration, I know how to be a good missionary, but how do I teach others how to be a good missionary?? I know the Lord will qualify me though, and I'm excited to see what happens this transfer. We haven't taught much since I got here because most of the students have been gone for Christmas break, but they'll all be coming back this week, and Sister Larkin has a whole list of people who said we could come teach them after the break. So it should start picking up soon! It's gonna be a party!
 
It snowed the first day I got here, and I'm so glad. I usually like snow for the first few weeks of winter, and this is pretty much the first time I've seen it since I've been out! It reminds me of Utah. :) "Utah! People working together! Utah! What a great place to be!" Anyway, it's been pretty chilly here, but it's alright. Oh, and did I mention that there are only two walking areas for sisters in this mission....and I'm in one of them! I'm so glad I bought good walking shoes. I'm actually really excited to be walking. Sitting in the car all the time gets pretty old, and it's easier to talk to more people when you're on foot.
 
Well, I love you all, and I hope you have a great 2014. It's gonna be a great year.
 
Love,
Sister Myers
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment