Monday, January 27, 2014

21st Email: 3rd Week in Morgantown

Hello everyone!
 
Sorry this update is a little late...The library was closed on Monday because of the holiday, and then it was closed Tuesday and Wednesday due to "increment weather"....haha I'm not used to things shutting down because of a little snow. But it's open today!
 
Everything is going pretty good. We had an awesome lesson with T- the other day. She is so awesome! We met her at the opening social for institute a couple of weeks ago. She came with her boyfriend, who is a member, and it turns out she's been meeting with missionaries for a while and wants us to keep teaching her! So we've had a couple lessons, and she's great. She is such an honest seeker of truth. She loves God, and she just wants to do what He wants her to do. She's a little uneasy because she's worried that she'll make her decision based on her feelings for her boyfriend, and that's not what she wants. So in our last lesson, she told us something she's doing to make sure that she's putting God first in her life. Every night before she goes to bed, she calls her boyfriend, but before she calls him, she writes a letter to God. How sweet is that? She writes Him a letter because she feels like her prayers aren't as sincere as she wants them to be because her thoughts wander and she gets lazy, she now she writes Him a letter to keep her mind focused and to make it more meaningful. I love it! Basically Tara knows all the doctrine, because the other missionaries taught her everything, and now she just needs to find her answer on her own. Which she's doing! She's reading from the Book of Mormon every night, coming to church, and even institute! Yeah. I'm excited for her. When people are honestly looking for truth, they will find it.
 
I'm enjoying being a Sister Training Leader. It's different, and sometimes stressful, but it's good stress. When Elder Nielsen came, he told us to make a list of things we will change so that we can be better. I thought about it a lot, and one thing I decided I want to do is to stop focusing so much on myself, and my problems, and start focusing more on others, especially the other missionaries. I want to worry less about how I can be a better missionary and more about how I can help others be better missionaries. Being a Sister Training Leader is the perfect opportunity. The other day Sister Larkin and I were talking with the Zone Leaders for a good hour about the sisters in our zone and the problems their having, and it just felt so good and right to be focusing on them. I really want to help them, and I don't really know how to help them, but I know the Lord called me here for a reason, so all I can do is do my best and He will make up the rest.
 
Love,
Sister Myers
 
P.S. I love President and Sister Pitt

No comments:

Post a Comment